The Adams Schoolhouse, circa 1850, is one of two historic properties maintained by The Historical Society of Easton, CT and used in educational and social programs. The building was relocated to its current site. The original site was near the intersection of what is now Sport Hill Road and Adams Road where it was known as School # 4, one of eleven such schoolhouses in Easton in the 19th century. It is now located at 345 Westport Road, aka CT 136 between Black Rock Road and Center Street.
This past summer, the Historical Society invited local artists, photographers, painters to render images of the Adams Schoolhouse to be used later in the year for a fund-faiser. That fund raiser was a wine-tasting and art show, held at the Society’s other historic property, The Bradley-Hubbell House.
Here are some of the images created by our local artists and exhibited in Town Hall during the summer, then at the Wine-Tasting and Art Exhibit.