1953 Jesse Lee Methodist Church all-girl Junior Choir
c.1915 Flat Rock Road looking east. Jesse Lee Methodist Church at left. Note the Hosrse sheds at the rear. Churches often made money collecting rent for sheds to keep wealthier parishioner’s animals out of the weather during services and other church functions.
Congregational Church at corner of Center & Westport Roads. C. 1900 Note the horsesheds at the rear.
Congregational Church c. 1920 when the automobile began making rael headway in challenging the horse & carriage
Congregational Church built in 1835 looks quite the same today.
First known as the Center Street Methodist Church, this ediface was located on today’s Redding Road at the corner of West Road
Used until 1948 when the congregation merged with the Jesse Lee Methodist Church, this building is now part of a private residence
Jesse Lee Methodist Church on Flat Rock Road
Baptist Church on Church Road at Stepney. Built c.1847
Baptist Church Hall once sat closer to Stepney Road
Episcopal Church on Westport Road was built in 1874 and became a private residence in 1947
Notre Dame on Morehouse Rd. was built in 1956
Christ Episcopal Church on Church Rd. was built in 1959