Churches of Easton Photo Gallery Go Artist Stevan Dohanos used many local landmarks in his works; this one is from an August 1949 illustration in Life Magazine. Congregational Church at corner of Center and Westport Roads. C. 1900 Note the horse sheds at the rear. Congregational Church c. 1920 when the automobile began making real headway in challenging the horse and carriage. The Congregational Church built in 1835 looks quite the same today. First known as the Center Street Methodist Church, this edifice was located on today's Redding Road at the corner of West Road. Used until 1948 when the congregation merged with the Jesse Lee Methodist Church, this building is now part of a private residence. Jesse Lee Methodist Church on Flat Rock Road. c.1915 Flat Rock Road looking east. Jesse Lee Methodist Church at left. Note the horse sheds at the rear. Churches often made money collecting rent for sheds to keep wealthier parishioner's animals out of the weather during services and other church functions. 1953 Jesse Lee Methodist Church all-girl Junior Choir. Baptist Church on Church Road at Stepney. Built c.1847. Baptist Church. Baptist Church Hall once sat closer to Stepney Road. Episcopal Church on Westport Road was built in 1874 and became a private residence in 1947. Notre Dame on Morehouse Rd. was built in 1956. Christ Episcopal Church on Church Rd. was built in 1959.