Fairfield County Historical Society was founded by Easton native Rowland Bradley Lacey in 1881. Incorporated in 1885, this organization sought to preserve documents, artifacts and local heritage. Along with his Society colleagues, he scoured town records, church registries and attics for genealogical and historical data. Together they copied gravestone inscriptions, published their research, invited guest speakers and organized a research room and museum gallery at Bridgeport’s Barnum Institute.
Along with historian Reverend Samuel Orcutt, Rowland Lacey compiled an inventory of the Union Cemetery’s tombstone inscriptions as they appeared in 1890. The following pdf includes all the pages of their work found in the Society’s 1892 Annual Report. Links to some of their digitized publications follow along with Samuel Orcutt’s History of the Old Town of Stratford and Bridgeport.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Reports and Papers of the Fairfield County Historical Society 1882-1896/7:
The History of the Old Town of Stratford and Bridgeport, Connecticut from 1886: