Bridgeport Hydraulic Company Photo Gallery c.1943. Typical Bridgeport Hydraulic Company truck used by crews to maintain the grounds of the area reservoirs. This one was assigned to Saugatuck supervisor George Marsh at right. c.1924. The spillway at Easton Two before construction began on the new Easton Lake Dam. 1927. The newly completed Easton Lake Dam. The valve house for the spillway gates at Easton Lake Dam. Below the new dam in 1927. 1927. The Easton Lake Reservoir is filled for the first time. The railroad tracks were still in place and the corner of the onsite firehouse that was in place during construction is visible. First waters from the spillway after the lake was filled in 1927. View from the western side of Easton Lake Dam 1927. 1927. Just south of the spillway seen above the derrick. Small guage RR tracks near the completion of the project. Workers can be seen grading the slopes south of the new dam. The lower gate houses where the contols were located to adjust or stop the flow of water to Bridgeport. Northern side of the Easton Lake Dam when reservoir was about half full. 1927. 1942. The construction of the tunnel that carries the water from the Saugatuck in Weston to the Aspectuck in Easton. It covers a mile and a half through Flirt Hill. C.1950. Sam Senior in the bow tie along with his crew of men that oversaw the waterhed areas in Easton & Weston. If you grew up in Easton, you vividly remember the dark yellow metal signs that adorned every third tree on BHC land. The deck of the Hemlock Reservoir Dam (technically in Fairfield). 1927. Gatehouse where the control valves are operated at the base of the dam at Easton Lake. The building at right was the original chemical treatment plant. BHC sawmill on Black Rock Turnpike between Center Road & the Apple Barn. c.1950. c.1950's. Likely on the western shore of the Easton Reservoir after an ice storm or hurricane. At the center is Turb Bush, watershed superintendent for BHC. Dated 1924. Looking north on Black Rock Turnpike, the Apple Barn is just beyond the house on the right. 1914. Nearing the end of construction on the dam & spillway at the Aspetuck Reservoir. 1896. Number Two dam being built north of Number One between South Park Avenue & Buck Hill Road. This structure would be replaced by Number Three in 1926. The BHC apple orchards on the western side of Black Rock Turnpike supplied the fruit that was sorted, packed, and shipped from the company's successful Aspetuck Orchards operation. The Bridgeport Hydraulic Company produced some of their own lumber at their sawmill just south of the Apple Barn on Black Rock Turnpike. Photo from the late 1940’s. An Ingersoll-Rand twin cylinder compressor supplied air for pneumatic drills. Seen here after it arrived on the site, but not yet installed. Photo taken on west side of dam site on South Park Avenue. 1926. An entire plant was built on the western side of the valley that would crush stone and mix concrete for the Easton Lake project. Franklin Homer Hubbell overlooks a stack of raw lumber at the BHC sawmill on Black Rock Turnpike around 1950. The original Apple Barn before it was painted red and became a virtual tourist destination in the late 1960’s. Photo taken sometime in the 1940’s.