Not the typical means of supporting a sagging floor. The house at 910 Sport Hill Road was built in 1833 to house the minister of the nearby Baptist Church. It remained in use as the parsonage until 1924 when radio personality and singer Vaughn De Leath purchased the house. This column consists of a stack of broken headstones – no doubt intended to be used at nearby Union Cemetery. It has been assumed that one of the ministers who resided in the house also carved headstones for some of his congregants who passed away, and that these stones either broke during their carving or had a mistake made in the inscription. Who decided to ultimately use those rejects to shore up the first floor is unknown, but it sure makes an interesting topic of conversation!